Saturday, February 28, 2009

If I was queen of the world, there'd be no love songs, romantic novels or movies.

I caught Becoming Jane today, was rather tempted at channel switching, period dramas were never my thing even though I have great respect for Jane Austen as a writer but after a while her stories get a little blah, always between the dichotomy of social classes, likened the plots of modern day Korean dramas. And then what?

James McAvoy and his beautiful, baby blues.

“What value would there be in life if we are not together.”

Apparently lots. Had she eloped with Tom Lefroy, the man wouldn’t have gone to become who he became and she wouldn’t have devoted her life in writing. 

Watching the movie, the question of historical accuracies aside, I thought it gave a little insight to what type of person she was and how cold reality is. With that in mind, I do believe that genuinely they gave each other their hearts and love to last their lifetimes. 

Jane Austen never married. 

It is though, on the creepy side, to have her “ex” name his first born after her.

No comments: